Classic & Modern Motorsport Club announces “Southern”
The former committee members of the BARC South East Centre have joined the Classic & Modern Motorsport Club to create a new club Classic & Modern Motorsport Club Southern.
Download our information to drivers by clicking here.
Download the driver’s Membership and Registration Form by clicking here
Moving forward to 2019 CMMC Southern has already secured track time at Brands Hatch, Lydden, Mallory Park, Silverstone, plus ongoing discussion with Castle Combe for the three formulas namely TinTops, Super Saloons (formerly Modified Saloons) and Intermarque. We do not envisage that the regulations will change significantly but rather be clarified and tightened up to include some possible minor changes to the minimum weight limits (and subject to any MSA changes).
We conducted a survey of our drivers in December 2018 and got some useful feedback about favoured tracks, race formats, number of events and regs…
1) We can be pleased that 62 people responded… that’s nearly 75% of the Modified Saloons and TinTops drivers we sent it to.
2) 81.5% of you said you would race with us in 2019. Good job guys and gals, thank you.
3) For the calendar, people prefer quite clearly short races, everything on one day and about 8 meetings a year.
4) Top of the pile (from more than one question) of concerns expressed by drivers is that “Penalties for rulebreaking are not enforced by the Clerk of the Course” and concerns in general about driving standards.
5) Snetterton is your favorite track after Brands (Indy and GP) so your committee is putting a date into the calendar; we will be racing on the Snetterton 300 in late May. We have listened!
Download our December 2018 survey results