Classic & Modern Motorsport Club announces “Southern”
The former committee members of the BARC South East Centre have joined the Classic & Modern Motorsport Club to create a new club Classic & Modern Motorsport Club Southern.
Download our information to drivers by clicking here.
Download the driver’s Membership and Registration Form by clicking here
CMMC Southern was created at the beginning of 2019 to cater for all the drivers who were disenchanted by BARC and their attitude towards the Southeast section. Richard Culverhouse, who created Classic & Modern Motorsports Club (the national organisation, CMMC) only a year previous, engaged with Rod Birley and otjhers from the previous BARC Southeast committee to create Classic & Modern Motorsports Club Southern (CMMCS). The Southeasterners immediately secured track time at Brands Hatch, Lydden, Mallory Park and Silverstone for the three formulae namely TinTops, Super Saloons (formerly Modified Saloons) and Intermarque. The regulations did not change significantly from BARC SE regs but were clarified and tightened up. The pattern is set for future seasons.
We conducted a survey of our drivers in December 2018 and got some useful feedback about favoured tracks, race formats, number of events and regs…
1) We can be pleased that 62 people responded… that’s nearly 75% of the Modified Saloons and TinTops drivers we sent it to.
2) 81.5% of you said you would race with us in 2019. Good job guys and gals, thank you.
3) For the calendar, people prefer quite clearly short races, everything on one day and about 8 meetings a year.
4) Top of the pile (from more than one question) of concerns expressed by drivers is that “Penalties for rulebreaking are not enforced by the Clerk of the Course” and concerns in general about driving standards.
5) Snetterton is your favorite track after Brands (Indy and GP) so your committee is putting a date into the calendar; we will be racing on the Snetterton 300 in late May. We have listened!
Download our December 2018 survey results